Tuesday 12 May 2009

I should be so lucky...Zoey Van Goey's Sold Out Album Launch


I am a lucky, lucky, lucky girl. (reference: seeing as how it was Zoey Van Goey's album launch there was an entertaining commentary on what was everyone's first album: Kim's was 'Michael Jackson's 'Bad', Matt 'Best of Hip-Hop? or Rap' (need clarification on that one!,) Michael John admitted to having Kylie given to him when he was about 7, Graeme Smilie's was the soundtrack to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Jamie Savage's was Puff The Magic Dragon.)
I am lucky in that I was able to witness the fantastic album launch of experimental pop troubadours Zoey Van Goey at Stereo Glasgow, finished off with a big helping of the Second Hand Marching Band on their encore song. (I did regrettably miss Endor and the Second Hand Marching Band who were both supporting, but hope to catch Endor soon, and draw the SHMB more times than the last 3 attempts!)
I am lucky in that I was able to get in as twice as many folks got turned away as were in the venue. It was very much a sold out gig, and very exciting to be one of the lucky ones to get in. Thank you Martin, Lynda and Zoey Van Goey!

No comments: