Saturday 8 August 2009

Dream Fluently...


The Jazz


Ryan Van Winkle


St Jude's Infirmary

Well, what have I been up to? Well, apart from drawing a great night of two bands at the beautiful central library in Edinburgh last night, hanging up my expo in the music library beside it, frequenting places of social gathering and engagement and verbal lubrication, painting murals on a village hall in the middle of nowhere, drawing a really lovely humanist wedding in the splendid Pollockshiels Burgh Hall, making cards and writing rhymes for family birthdays folks, I've also been making my way through the Sandman series of books. Addicted. I feel like I've not read for a century and now I'm being sucked back into the orbit of imagination. Great stuff.
Drawings above of St Jude's Infirmary and Don Paterson's collection of cool jazzy folks doing some top class beat poetry with top class jazz in Edinburgh's gorgeous central library. This was last night and clashed with the very exciting expo opening of Rough Cut Nation at the Portrait Gallery (also in Edinburgh) which had Tut Vu Vu playing. Apparently it was mental. It would have definitely been a different night to what I'd been drawing! Check it out. It's one of the most exciting projects to descend upon the grand ol' Modom herself. They're doing gigs on Fridays and Saturdays from 5pm too. Worth a look, listen and donder.

Glad to catch the library event though. More drawings in the future too. Keep your eyes peeled for new news. Or Noo News.

No comments: