Friday 30 October 2009

Efterklang with Nancy Elizabeth

F**king brilliant gig. Unfortunately missed a lot of Nancy Elizabeth, but of what I did catch, and hear, and draw, she's top notch stuff and I'll be looking her up and catching her properly next time. Efterklang was one of the best decisions I've made this year. An affable, very talented, cohesive and inspiring outfit, with great audience interaction, the finale of which they clambered gracefully off the stage then ambled through the crowd who were already singing along, until they finally finished at the back of the venue - amazing. Perhaps it could have been a pied piper initiative, but I saw quite a few happy folks in the bar and in the street clasping their newly purchased Efterklang possessions. Lovely to have Tim the new trumpeter from Camera Obscura up on stage in a couple of cameos.

One drawing of Efterklang, and yes, another step-by-step mobile phone sketch of Nancy Elizabeth. I'm enjoying having the simplest one as my mobile phone wallpaper.








I tell y'all should grab yourself a phone that you can draw on - imagine all the cool live drawings you could do!!


No comments: