Friday 3 December 2010

CENSTA PARTY

Recoat Gallery Live Painting
Awards being handed out

Audience watching the beautiful film Chez Galip by Bobby Niven
Live Visuals by Florence To, with some revellers
Live Visuals by Florence To, with some revellers Detail
Live Visuals by Florence To, with some revellers, 2nd Image

CENSTA PARTY, SUBCLUB

These drawings are of the festive/birthday/book launch-ish party of the very exciting art(s) collective Central Station which is based in Glasgow and the rest of the world. It's online, it's a community. There's sh*tloads of exciting artists, film-makers, collectives, designers, galleries, initiatives, ideas...etc etc etc.

So me, I was commissioned to document this splendid happenng in my unique style with something alternative and new - my mobile phone.

Drawings were created live on my Nokia XpressMusic mobile phone. The actual drawing screen is c.7x4cm and I draw with the attached stylus (which is easy to lose. In a nightclub, perhaps I should paint it glow in the dark for easy retrieval).

Photos feature in the images entitles Florence To, the photos featuring samples of her visuals in the background. To put it mildly, she's a rather exciting art person/veejay/fashion designer/generally pretty cool chick. Keep an eye out for her.

No comments: