Sunday 3 October 2010

Norfolk Court Flats, The Gorbals, Demolition


10-11.15am in the rain on a not exactly warm October morning, a little hungover, a little cold, wondering when the building is going to explode. Or implode. Implode would be better - I didn't bring a helmet.
The drawing did start with a lot of dark watercolours, but the rain washed it away.



11.15-12.12pm still in the rain on the same 'not exactly warm' October morning, a little hungover, a little cold, wondering when oh when oh when is that sodding building going to explode. Or implode. Implode would be better - I still don't have a helmet.



12.30pm, and two long sirens later, no longer is it raining on this 'warming up' October morning, still a little hungover and getting a bit hungry, more than a little cold but WELL happy I just witnessed the excitement of a building going ''BANG-B-BANG!!- RUMBLE!!- CRUMPLE!!- PHWOOPH'' as the massive muddy cloud envelops it's neighbouring twin, which one day will endure the same fate. (I hold back my feverish maniacal cackle. That place used to be a home. I'm sure lots of people are sad, but hopefully a lot of people are happier.)

No comments: